Friday, June 7, 2013

Saratoga Springs/Lake George Area

Well my husband and I drove to Saratoga Springs for the weekend hoping for lovely spring weather and to be able to stroll hand in hand along the little streets with different colorful shops in mind. What we got was a grey, overcast, decidedly dreary wet day! But the hotel looked nice. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn & Suites in Saratoga Springs.








After a good night's sleep- I always sleep better in the rain- we got up and found a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I have a thing for Cracker Barrel food, I try to have at least one meal there on all of our trips. What can I say? If there's a Cracker Barrel within 30 minutes of where I am staying or within an hour of where we are sightseeing, I'm going!
The weather right now is still overcast but Andrea is moving quickly out of the area. Our plan is to eat breakfast, go to the Regal Cinemas near by to see Star Trek( yes I like that too!) then by the time we emerge from the theater it should be sunny and then go to Lake George. It sort of worked in Burlington so why not try it again?
It worked! Our wacky plan for sun has been successful. Off we go to see what we can see! Our plan was only moderately successful. Turns out this weekend there is a Tour Expo for bikers. The whole town was flooded with bikers, there wasn't a single place to stop so we could enjoy a stroll through the streets and enjoy the little shops.















We switched gears and headed towards Lake Placid as the sun looked like it may be making an appearance. The town was empty compared to Lake George but as you can see from the photos, the sun failed to make an appearance!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:S Broadway,Saratoga Springs,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment