Saturday, May 25, 2013

Burlington/Boston MA

We took a rainy car ride to Massachusetts this afternoon. We got to see tons of traffic and a car accident. Luckily no one was severely hurt just some minor cuts and the girls were shook up. Their car didn't look so good but overall I think they did ok.
We pressed onward to Massachusetts and was welcomed by....more rain! Yay! "Welcome to gray, overcast and cold Massachusetts" the sign said. Okay, so it really didn't say that but it should have. All the places I wanted to go were outdoors so I was outta luck. We did go to Not Your Average Joe's restaurant for dinner.




Sunday started off rainy and a chilly 38 degrees so we decided to have breakfast in the hotel. We stayed at Hyatt House and it was pretty nice. The omelet station is great when you get to it before the kids that seem to have taken over the hotel this weekend. From the looks of them I would say there is a team event happening and it is the girl's division playing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say its a girl's soccer team and considering I don't follow any sports it's a big guess on my part. Breakfast was good but we had to take it back to the room because there wasn't a seat to be had. That was ok too since we weren't in a hurry to go anywhere in the rain. I suggested we go to a movie and maybe by the time we got out of the theater it would stop raining and maybe warm up.
We caught a showing of Fast and the Furious 6- can't believe we are at 6 already- and it was pretty good. No action film is complete now a days without some "Matrix" moves thrown in. When we got out it was still overcast and chilly. We went downtown and the sun peeked out for a few shots












And across the Tobin Bridge




Because it was starting to rain again, my husband said "Let's try New Hampshire since we are so close". So off we went to NH in search of some sun and pictures.














We ate at The Cheesecake Factory when we got back to Burlington only because it was 8pm and two of the local spots we wanted to try were either not open in Sundays or was going to close at 9pm.
On Monday it was 70 degrees and sunny! We were heading home but since we knew we would hit traffic we took the back way and at least I got to see 2 rivers which we couldn't pull over to photograph but I did get a snippet of one.


Oh well, maybe next trip we'll actually be able to tour Boston! Such is my life...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:I-95 N,Burlington,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment